Romeo and Juliet
Tour with transfer included to discover the origin of the most famous tragedies of Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet
We begin our tour with a guided visit of Villa Da Porto Barbaran family in Montorso Vicentino, related to the Count Luigi Da Porto, the author of the famous story between the two lovers was a source of inspiration for the tragedy ‘Romeo and Juliet’ playwright Shakespeare. Here we will witness an exclusive performance that will make us relive the birth of the famous opera. From the windows of the Villa you can see the two fortresses of the della scala, free wi-fi and the Villa, and the news tells have been the strongholds of the families Montague and Capulet. We will move at the Winery Tonello, where we have lunch, we’ll do a tasting of their wines, a visit to the company, and a walk in the vineyard. After lunch we will visit the medieval castles of Romeo and Juliet, where the guide will tell us about their interesting history. We will conclude our tour with the visit to the Caves, The Quarry, the quarries once used to extract the karst stone, which, with their unique shapes intrigue the most famous of speleologists.
– Departure 9.00 am from Abano Terme (PD), Piazza Repubblica, with private bus and tour guide agency.
– 10.30 a.m. arrival at Villa Da Porto-barbaran family in Montorso Vicentino (VI) where we will follow the guided tour of the Villa and will assist to a theatrical performance dedicated to the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet.
– At 11.45 departure to the wine Cellar Tonello: lunch in the winery with a buffet of typical products strictly at 0 km and tasting of the wines of the company. Will follow at the end of the lunch, the guided tour of the wine cellar and the walk in the vineyard.
– About 15.00 departure for the Castles of Romeo and Juliet with guided visit to the Castles and guided tour of the underground complex The Quarry.
– About 17.00 departure for the return to Abano Terme.
Price from 75,00 € per person.
The experience that we will have includes:
- Transfer from/to Abano Terme
- Lunch and wine tasting at the wine Cellar Tonello
- Guided tours of the Villa from the Harbour, the Castles of Romeo and Juliet and Caves in The Quarry
- Local Tour Leader Accompaniment
This tour does not include anything not expressly indicated.
Participation with request of reservation.
Guaranteed departure with a minimum number of participants.
Lovivo Tour Experience, Viale delle Terme, 107 / B – 35031, Abano Terme (PD)
(+39) 333 994 52 88 T. (+39) 049 29 69 340